How to Rename a TM1 Model
Renaming a TM1 model is relatively easy. To change the name of a TM1 model (or instance or server name) do the following:
- Open tm1s.cfg for the model concerned.
- Find “ServerName”
- Edit the value after the equals sign to reflect the new model name
- Save tm1s.cfg
- Open Cognos Configuration for TM1
- Change the name of the TM1 Server
- Save Cognos Configuration
- Start the TM1 Server (right click, start) in Cognos Configuration
- Open Services and if you need to delete a now redundant TM1 service, see these instructions.
Just be very careful if you rename a TM1 model that is used as a source for BI. It will potentially break everything!