Heres a quick tutorial on how to install TM1 9.5, after these instructions are the same instructions with images to aide in the installation process. Please leave a comment if this helps or if I have missed a step.
Installing TM1 9.5
- Make sure Microsoft IIS is installed with the latest ‘.net’ framework
- Make sure Excel 2003 or Excel 2007 has been installed
- Open the setup file ‘setup.exe’
- Select your language
- Click ok to the upgrade notice (Stating TM1 9.4 onwards is now Unicode and servers are no longer backward compatible)
- Agree to the terms and conditions then press next to proceed.
- Select the Desired Product Set from the List.
- TM1 Perspectives is the ‘client only’ install
- TM1 is the Server & Client by not TM1Web or Contributor
- Click ok to the notification about ‘.net’ framework
- Select the standard installation option and click ‘Next’
- Leave the Port Settings as Default and click ‘Next’
- If this is a Production Installation enter a Domain Account with Local Administrator access if this is running on a normal computer put in a Local Administrator Account. Click next to proceed.
- Click ‘next’ to use the default TM1Web Directory, If your IIS uses a different directory then you should change this setting.
- Click ‘Install’ to begin the installation procedure.
- Click ‘Finish’ to conclude the installation.
To verify the installation:
- Open Architect (Or Perspectives) from the Start Menu
- Start > IBM Cognos > TM1 > Architect
- (In Architect) Click File then ‘Start Local Server’ (This will open a Load Server Dialog in a new window. Once the local server has loaded it will minimize itself)
- You should now be logged into the Local Server and can see cubes and dimensions.
Testing TM1 Web
- Minimize Architect and the local server and open Internet Explorer
- Navigate to http://localhost/tm1web (or replace localhost with computer name)
- Enter the computer name (or localhost) in the adminhost field
- Press Refresh if Server called Local isn’t already in the server drop box
- Enter the Username ‘Admin’ and leave the password field blank
- Click Login
- You’re done.
If you like this post, please spread the love…