Messaging users of IBM Cognos TM1
Did you know that you can send messages to your users through TM1? You would be surprised how many people don’t realise that its possible – and easy!!!
1. Open TM1 Server Explorer (Perspectives)
- Disconnecting Users and
- Shutting down (but not restarting) the server
3. Tick the box “Broadcast a Message” and enter your message. Ensure “Do Nothing” is selected at the top of this form.
4. Click “Select Clients” and chose the users you want to send your message to. Note that if you send the message to your username, the session you are sending from will not get the message but if you are also logged in elsewhere you will receive the message there.
5. Press OK on the “Server Manager” Screen to send you message.
This is how it will appear to your users:
If you have any questions about this or any other TM1 features please contact us by commenting below. We would love to help.