IBM have just released their roadmap for Planning Analytics (TM1) for 2024 and beyond.
Sections of the TM1 Roadmap
The Planning Analytics roadmap is broken down into the following sections:
- Compliance and Availability
- Content Management
- Excel Reporting and Analysis
- Model Development
- Planning Analytics Workflow
- Predictive and Prescriptive
- Service Modernisation
Each of these sections from above is then assigned onto a quarterly timeline.
For me, the highlights of the planned releases are:
- The inclusion of MultiVariate forecasting,
- The addition of predictive forecasts into Universal Reports,
- The addition of Sandboxes and Drill Through for Universal Reports,
- The rollout of PAW for Windows 2022,
- Burst and emailing of the content of PAW workbooks,
- Import of TM1 groups to PAW,
- The addition of a new selector widget.
There are a heap of other changes as well. Take a squizz!
Links to Planning Analytics Roadmap
There are two relevant links for the TM1 Roadmap:
- This first link shows the quarterly table of IBM’s Planning Analytics roadmap, using the sections listed above.
- The next link is of the YouTube of the public roadmap presentation by Stuart King and the rest of IBM’s Planning Analytics Product Management team, please see this video. This is for the Q1 2024 product roadmap updates and highlights session. The team demonstrated and discussed the new features that were added in the past quarter and showed what the new capabilities that are targeted for the current quarter.
These changes come after a huge 2023, where we saw TM1 version 12 released, the rollout of Planning Analytics on AWS using Cloud Pak for Data and the release of Universal Reports.