Sending Emails from TM1 – Using HTML
Although some additional components of TM1 have built-in email functionality, TM1 does not have email functionality built into its ETL Engine.
- Within a TI Process output text to a file to be used as the body of the email to be sent.
- Execute an email script command to send off the email to recipients.
Executing the TI script:
The TM1 Email TurboIntegrator Process is parameter driven and will prompt you for parameters to be pushed into the TI process:
- pRecipient : yourName@yourCompany.com.au ; nextName@yourCompany.com.au ( note use a semi column between each email address when emailing multiple users.
- pSubject: add a comment.
- pBody: add a comment .
- pAttachFile: file location of where your file attachment resides.
Email script global variables will need changing before execution of script:
- sFileName: file location of generated txt file used as the body of the email to be sent.
- sSender: notifications@yourCompany.com.au ( who the email is from)
- sSMTPSvr: SMTP or Exchange Server used for emailing. This is often SMTP.yourCompany.com.au ( SMTP server )
- Due to 255 character limit restriction within TM1 (prior to version 9.4), instead of emailing individuals you should set up a email group instead of separating each email address separately i.e. use emailGroup@yourCompany.com.au instead of “yourName@yourCompany.com.au ; nextName@yourCompany.com.au”.
In the next post we will show you a practical use for this TI Process: How to send HTML Formatted emails which notify the recipient of nightly minor errors from scheduled chores if/when they occur.