CellPutN inserts a number into a specific intersection of a cube and replaces the contents of that intersection. It does not incrementally add to the value already there, rather it replaces (or overwrites) it.
Syntax of CellPutN
The syntax is:
CellPutN (Number, Cube, element1, element2, elementn );
- Number is the string you want to insert into a cube
- cube is the cube you insert the string into
- element1 is an element from the first dimension of the target cube
- element2 is an element from the second dimension of the target cube
- elementn are the elements from subsequent dimensions in order of the target cube
An example is:
CellPutN (50000, 'Employees', '2014', 'Jan','001', 'Salary');
This will insert the value 50,000 into the Employees cube at the intersection of 2014 in the Year dimension, ‘Jan’ in the Month dimension, ‘001’ in a List100 dimension and ”Salary’ in the Measures-Staff dimension.
This function can be used in TM1 Turbo Integrator Processes only
If you need to have the value loaded and ADD TO an existing intersection, please see CellIncrementN.
If you need to have a string loaded to a TM1 cube, please use CellPutS.