Logging in Planning Analytics for Excel
Sometimes you may encounter an error with Planning Analytics for Excel and IBM or your IBM partner will request the logs from users of PAX. This blog describes how to enable logging for PAX and where the logs are located.
How to Turn on Planning Analytics for Excel Logging
To turn logging on for PAX do the following:
- Open Excel and Planning Analytics for Excel
- Click on the IBM Planning Analytics for Excel ribbon
- Select on the Options button (to the left of the big Open icon)
- Click on the little “IBM” tab at the top left corner of the dialog box
- Change the logging level to “All” (or whatever level you’ve been asked to collect logs at).
- Click OK
Where are the PAX Logs stored?
By default, PAX logs are stored at:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Cognos\Office Connection\Logs. Obviously, you need to substitute the “username” in this path for your username.
Additional Information to Collect
When you have these logs enabled, ask your users to collect the following information about the problem you are trying to resolve. You will need the:
- name of the workbook you had open,
- action you were trying to complete (refresh, open, run a process, click a button etc),
- approximate time when it occurred.