Planning Analytics often uses Cognos Analytics for authentication. If CAM security is used and an SSL certificate has been enabled in Cognos, then we need to add the certificate from Cognos Analytics into Planning Analytics. This post explains the steps required to integrate Cognos Security with SSL for Planning Analytics Local, TM1Web (Planning Analytics Spreadsheet Services) and Planning Analytics Workspace.
You must have a Cognos Analytics server “pfx” file with password for updating Planning Analytics local and Planning Analytics Spreadsheet Services (TM1Web) and a “pem” file for updating Planning Analytics Workspace.
Configure Planning Analytics Local to use Cognos SSL
To configure Planning Analytics local to use Cognos Access Manager (CAM) security with SSL, you need to:
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Go to the <tm1 installation>/bin64 and enter the following script:
- gsk8capicmd_64 -cert -add -db .sslibmtm1.kdb -stashed -label cognosbi -file <local location of the CA certificate> -format ascii -trust enable
- Use the following script to verify that the import was successful:
- gsk8capicmd_64 -cert -list -db .sslibmtm1.kdb -stashed
- Update the tm1s.cfg files, make sure the parameter CAMUseSSL=T in present.
- Update the following parameters:
Configure Planning Analytics Spreadsheet Services to Use Cognos SSL
To configure Planning Analytics Spreadsheet Services (TM1Web) to use Cognos security with SSL, you need to:
- Open <tm1 installation>/ibm/cognos/tm1web/bin64/jre/bin/ikeyman.exe as Administrator.
- Next, click on Open and select Key database type to PKCS12 and under File Name navigate to the folder where the pfx file is located.
- To complete this stage, enter the pfx password.
Configure Planning Analytics Workspace to use CAM SSL
To configure Planning Analytics Workspace to use CAM security with SSL, you need to:
- For configuring Planning Analytics Workspace, you need the Cognos Analytics server SSL Certificate .pem file.
- Copy the .pem file into the PAW certs file <paw installation location>/config/certs.
- Open Windows Powershell as Administrator.
- Go to the location where PAW was installed and type in:
If you have any questions about installing Planning Analytics and configuring it to work with Cognos Analytics, please reach out to us. We’d be delighted to help.